Elk Stew recipe is very popular these days and it is usually formed by the simmering of the vegetables and elk meat. Stewing is a cooking technique in which meat and vegetables are simmered and cooked in a flavorful liquid. Elk is a very delicious and healthy meat and a number of many tasty and appetizing recipes are made by using elk meat instead of beef. Elk meat is rich in proteins and is very healthy for human health. Its different parts have amazingly appetizing tastes and flavors. One of them is the elk stew which is very healthy and yummy in taste. Elk stew is much more efficient for health because it cooks at low flame and all the energy and ingredients are collected in the form of a warm meal.
Why Try Elk Stew Recipe?
Elk stew is full of lean elk meat and healthy vegetables that are simmered in a broth and herbs to make a full of flavor elk stew recipe. This is also a perfect warm meal and food item for all of the people. This recipe is so much versatile and you can try it on your own by adding some vegetables according to your choice. It is also very easy to prepare at your own house or kitchen.
For preparing Crockpot Elk Stew, you have to collect some necessary ingredients. These will add the natural flavor of the Elk. each of the ingredients is required in a specific amount and shape. So you have to follow the given list of ingredients and their specific shapes. The list is here with ingredients and their required shapes:
- 6 Cups of Water.
- 3 Teaspoon Chicken Bouillion ( 3 cubes ).
- 4 Minced Garlic Cloves.
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon Black Pepper ( according to need ).
- 1⁄3 Cup Chopped Cilantro.
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil.
- Green Beans.
- Bay Leaves.
- 1 Cup Anaheim Pepper.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Elk Meat ( Cut into 1-pieces ).
- 2 Stalks Celery.
- 1 Medium Sized Onion ( Cut into 1⁄2 -inch pieces ).
- 5 Medium Sized Potatoes ( Cut into 1⁄2 -inch cubes and peeled ).
- 2 Peeled Carrots ( Cut into ⅛ -inch slices ).
- 2 Cups Sliced Mushrooms ( Fresh ).
How Stew is Prepared?
Stew is prepared in a crockpot. If you are going to try it for the first time so you have to follow these given simple and easy instructions that are given here. These instructions include:
- You have to take almost 2 pounds of elk meat in the cube shape. It is also an option for you to cut a roast or steaks into cubes. For this, you have to use only elk stew meat.
- The process of preparing stew can also be done in batches to evenly roast the elk cubes into brown.
- You can also add all the elk meat at once and can stir it rapidly for a few minutes to get all the sides evenly browned.
- When you have done the meat to brown then put it into the crockpot.
- Put the skillet on the burner and then add 1 cup broth beef to the hot skillet.
- Then you have to stir it and scraped up the browned bits of the elk meat.
- Then bring the broth to a simmer. When the broth will be converted to simmer ten you have to remove it from the fire and add it into the crockpot along with meat.
- Then you have to dice the onion and garlic and add it to the meat.
- Add some of the seasonings, herbs, diced tomatoes, and bay leaves to it as it will increase the taste and flavor of the elk stew.
- After the stew is completely ready you can enjoy it along with many serving items according to your choice and taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it possible to add vegetable of our choice
You can also add some other vegetables of your choice to this meal. You can add those vegetables you like the most.
How much time is required to cook the stew in the crockpot?
You have to cook the stew in the crockpot at low flame for almost 7-8 hours. Do not open the lid without need. Otherwise, it will take 15-30 minutes more than the actual required time.
What are the health effects of elk stew?
Elk meat is full of necessary ingredients for the better growth and nourishment of the human body and brain cells. It is highly rich in proteins and has low fats and cholesterol levels. That’s why it is best for the heart and also protects from heart disorders. So elk stew is amazing edible for humans as a healthy diet.
How is it possible to get tender elk meat?
You can get Tender elk meat by slow cooking elk stew in the crockpot. The slow and low cooking time of elk stew, along with some sauces like tomato sauce helps in tenderizing the wild game.
What is best to serve with Elk Stew?
You can also enjoy the stew with a large square of homemade cornbread. It is also nice to have some fresh salad on the plate along with it. But it is also possible to skip salad because there are also many veggies in the recipe.
How to finish the meal with?
You can finish the meal with soft molasses cookies and also with a piece of apple pie.
You can also add all the ingredients at the beginning and let them stew together for the entire time of cooking. Buty to cook the meat first will soften the tough elk meat with being mush the other vegetables. But if you put it all together, it will also be very great. Because all the ingredients will get softened together along with elk meat.
When the stew has cooked for almost two hours add potatoes, green beans, tomatoes, carrots, and jalapeno to it. Then you have to pour some water into it and stir it for the next three hours almost. It will be cooked on a very high flame.
Elk meat is full of taste and flavors. Besides Elk Stew, you can also prepare and try some other elk recipes of elk meat. It will be great to have an experience of eating elk recipes after cooking in your kitchen. Some of the related and delicious recipes are enlisted here:
There are many other options for you to try on your kitchen as your favorite meal. All of these mentioned recipes are mouth-watering and full of flavors. Even you will prefer Elk meat and recipes made with its meat on beef.